When determining a niche - assessing ways to determine a Strong Market for your Product or Niche is essential before you put time in. Many entrepreneurs can invest a lot of time energy and enthusiasm only to find that the demand is not there. No matter how much your passion for an area- you are not able to influence others long term without a market. Here are some practical ways:-
1. Check Keywords people are searching on. One of the most recommended tools is http://www.freekeywords.com/wordtracker. You may then want to either slightly change your product or use terms that are more highly sought on.
2. Ebay is now reported to be getting bigger than Google and can be a great source of information as to where people are buying. Check how many shops there are in your niche market . The same applies to Paypal.
3. Observe Forums you are part of and see if people are talking about products they have purchased. If not this may tell you people are not really interested in buying in this area
4. Monitor Google AD word adverts and see if advertisers are keeping ads on there for some time. If so this may indicate a good demand.
5. Surveys and R&D teams can provide valuable information as to what your market would purchase and in what form. You can offer a reward of some sort to provide an incentive
6. Start a blog and assess traffic. Strong traffic can show there is a lot of people looking for solutions in that niche market.
Please forward this to your list so others may benefit